The Somnofit Anti Snoring Device is a patented medical device that reduces and or completely removes snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnoea.
The Somnofit is a mandibular advancement anti-snoring device (MAD) and is an innovative snoring solution designed and manufactured by a Swiss Medical Company. It is recommended by Doctors, Pharmacists & Sleep Physicians globally as a successful sleep solution against obstructive sleep apnoea and patients who cannot tolerate CPAP machines.
The BEST Anti-Snoring Device, with over 10 years of Experience!
SOMNOFIT, a thermoformable mandibular advancement device, is the most advanced on the market with over 10 years of experience in the field of snoring and sleep apnoea!
Thermoformable, but extremely reduced volume
SOMNOFIT-S volume is reduced by 30% less than most other thermoformable mouthpieces. This means that users confide that its comfort is exceptional, particularly compared to bulkier mouthpieces on the market.
How does the Somnofit Anti Snoring Device Work?
Somnofit is the most comfortable solution for effectively controlling snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnoea. The Somnofit snoring device uses the medically recognised principle of mandibular advancement, which opens the airways by gently shifting the jaw forward. You choose your ideal degree of advancement, as this patented device has several interchangeable bands of different size settings that allow a precise fit. Its design offers several possible adjustments, in 1 mm increments, to adapt perfectly to your teeth and mouth.
During sleep, SOMNOFIT moves the lower jaw forward a few millimetres. This advancement frees the back of the tongue and opens the passage to allow increased airflow in the upper respiratory tract. This approved principle is very efficient in reducing snoring and sleep apnoea.
The anti-snoring device, made of two oral mouldings fitted to the upper and lower jaw, is placed in the mouth just before sleeping.
Its customisable components permit long-lasting use while preserving your dentition. Due to itS possibilities of adjustments, the Somnofit Mandibular Advancement DEVICE (MAD) can be adjusted to suit your desire.
It is very simple: Somnofit includes two oral mouldings (upper and lower). The user simply takes a dental impression, just once, by immersing each moulding in the water, which is heated, to soften the thermal moulding material to the required temperature as indicated on the included floating thermometer for 3 minutes. The two mouldings are then linked by one supple strap to fix the advancement of the lower jaw. It’s as easy as that!
The user then has a fully personalised Somnofit that is ready for use. Place the Somnofit in the mouth before sleep to ensure a restful night.
You can remould it several times, guaranteeing that the Somnofit device is perfectly adapted to your teeth and that your comfort is optimal. With the adjustment bands, you can choose from 6 levels of mandibular advancement (from 3 mm to +10.5 mm).
Recommendations of Use
It is important to identify your level of snoring. See the below recommendations and consult with your sleep specialist, Ear, Nose & Throat Specialist, Dentist or General Practitioner first.
When snoring is of obstructive origin, i.e. due to obstruction of the upper respiratory tract, the SOMNOFIT anti-snoring orthosis is the ideal device to fight against obstructive snoring.
Who is a Good Candidate for the Somnofit Anti Snoring Device?
- Snoring – Obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA) patients with mild to moderate OSA. This refers to patients with 20 to 30 apnoea/hypopnea episodes during sleep.
- Sleep apnoea patients on the move, travelling, camping, boating, holidaying etc. who prefer an alternative to their usual CPAP therapy
- Those who suffer from positional apnoea/hyponea. This refers to patients who experience some relief from sleep apnoea when lying on their side.
- Those with a receding bottom jaw. A receding jaw could cause the apnoea and pushing the bottom jaw out could effectively manage it.
Who are Not Good Candidates for Somnofit Anti Snoring Device?
- Patients with poor dental structure or those with no teeth, as there is no structure to attach the device.
- Those with stiff jaw joints may not achieve 8 to 10 mm advancement.
- Overweight OSA patients may fare better with a CPAP machine.
- Mandibular advancement devices can reduce apnoea/hypopnea by as much as 50%. This may not be enough for patients with hundreds of episodes during sleep or complicated sleep apnoea.
- Those who wear full or partial dentures
- Those under 18 years old
Somnofit Anti Snoring Device Package Contents
- Two Dental Splints (upper and lower) thermo-adaptable to your teeth.
• A Somnofit Anti-Snore Mouth Guard Lower Moulding
• A Floating Thermometer
• A Ventilated Storage Case
• A set of supple straps to regulate the mandibular advancement.
• Instruction Leaflet
SOMNOFIT Versus SOMNOFIT- S
What is the difference between the Somnofit and Somnofit S?
SomnoFit is an all-rounder– that is, this mandibular advancement device (MAD) is suitable for jaws of nearly all shapes and sizes. SomnoFit-S is more suitable for small- to average-sized jaws. It has a very slim and material-saving design. Should you be unsure whether the SomnoFit-S is suitable for your jaw, then we recommend the following approach:
Cut a square from a thick and clean cardboard box, just large enough to fit inside your mouth and cover your teeth. Insert the cardboard square into your mouth and bite down on it. This should leave behind a clear imprint of your jaw on the cardboard square. Then measure the length and width of your jaw imprint with a ruler, then compare your measurements with the MAD measurements provided on the respective product page in the section “Technical Data”. The MAD should be at least 1 mm larger in length and width than that of your jaw imprint to be a suitable fit for your respective jaw size.
Cleaning your Somnofit Anti Snoring Device
For daily cleaning, we suggest using denture cleaning tablets or our Fresh Mouthguard Spray.
Apply directly to the mouthguard before use, leaving a refreshing cinnamon and mint taste. To clean after use, rinse, spray, and store the night guard once it is dry. Freshens mouthguard before and after use
- Mouthguard freshening and cleaning spray for maintaining night mouthguards and other dental appliances
- A couple of sprays give nightguard, and breath, a fresh, clean, and flavourful cinnamon mint taste
- Flavoured with spearmint extract, cinnamon bark, peppermint oil, rosemary extract, coconut oil, xylitol, and vitamin E
- Convenient 60ml bedside bottle; spray on dental guard before use for flavour and fresh breath
- Spray also cleans the nightguard after use before storing it in a case